Social Studies: Social studies is concerned with the study of social relationships, human behaviour, political systems, cultural variances and the history within a society to promote civic awareness and competence providing a deeper understanding of good citizenship and humanity. In simplest terms, it is the study of man and his environment. Social Studies is primarily concerned with the knowledge of how man is influenced by his environment, and how he in turn alters his environment to satisfy his individual and group needs.
At the end of this course, if a student scores 80% and above cumulatively in all the continuous assessment tests and assignments, you will receive a certificate of completion, provided by the school.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
1 Know the meaning of family and the types of family we have.
2 The student are expected to know what culture is and its importance to the society.
3 They would also understand what moral is and the different types of morals and its impact in our lives.
4 To know the meaning of food and the different types of food in our locality.
5 To know the importance of keeping food safe.
6 Expected to know the meaning of risk factor.
7 The children are expected to state the meaning of security.
We hope you enjoy this course!
Topic 1: Family
This is the first lesson in this course.
- Lesson Objectives: Family.
- Lesson 1: The Meaning Of Family.
- Lesson 2: The Types Of Family.
- Lesson 2a: The Types Of Family – Nuclear.
- Lesson 2b: The Types Of Family – Extended.
- Lesson 3a: The Qualities Of A Good Family.
- Lesson 3b: The Qualities Of A Good Family.
- Family Assessment – End of Lesson Quiz.
Topic 2: Culture
This is the second lesson in this course.
Topic 3: Morals
This is the third lesson in this course.
Topic 4: Food
This is the fourth lesson in this course.
- Lesson Objectives: Food
- Lesson 1: The Meaning Of Food.
- Lesson 2: Examples Of Common Food Eaten In Our Locality.
- Lesson 2a: Examples of Fruits
- Lesson 2b: Examples of Vegetables
- Lesson 3a: The Sources Of Food.
- Lesson 3b: The Sources Of Food – Plant Sources.
- Lesson 3c: The Sources Of Food – Animal Sources.
Topic 5: Food Safety
This is the fifth lesson in this course.
Topic 6: Risk Factor in Food
This is the sixth lesson in this course.
Topic 7: Security
This is the seventh lesson in this course.